Use this technique to override an existing style on the page and then save the style as a webpart that can be inserted into other pages.
Once you know what style is being affected, site > edit page
– add a Content Editor Webpart to the page. Set it to “Hidden”
– modify webpart > source
– in the source, add the style declaration:
Replace the above with whatever style needs to be overridden.
– save the changes and exit editing mode.
To save the webpart so it is reusable, click the edit on the webpart, and choose Export from the dropdown.
– save the webpart with a name that is descriptive in a folder.
– site > edit site settings
– if not already at the top level site, click Go to top level site settings under Site Collection Administration
– under Galleries, click Webparts
– click Upload
– browse to the saved webpart. Create a group for it to go under
Once the webpart is saved, you can add it to any web part zone throughout the site.